Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fresh Start Introduction

Needlework has been part of my life from the very beginning. My Grandmother Congdon knitted, crocheted and tatted. My mom knitted, crocheted and sewed all of my clothes as well for my brothers. Mom also did needlepoint, cross stitch, embroidery and braided rug. It seems I never saw her hands still and empty until her very last years when arthritis and degenerating eyesight robbed her of her ability to work "fancy work."

My first yarn work was with a knitting Jenny that my father made me out of one of Mother's old spools. I went from there to crocheting and knitting under Mom's and Grandma's tutelage.

Remember Tri-Chem paint parties? Mom was in to those. So I enjoyed that hobby as well. I was about 17 when I started doing crewel and then moved onto cross stitch. I haven't stopped since.

This blog's title represents who and what I am. I work at our local library as a Children's Room associate. And I am a stitcher of many paths. I not only do cross stitch, I knit, crochet, needlepoint but i sew clothes for my grandchildren.

The projects which are in my rotation right now are a knitted baby sweater for a little boy who was just born, a pair of socks, a Cross stitch Monopoly board, a Labyrinth and several small take along projects. I will be posting pictures as I go along.

No comments: